Company: Trade Bank of Iraq
Title: Consultant Trade Finance
Address: 86A/43, Brindavan Society, City: Thane, India
Phone: (Office): 964 1 5433 561 / 2 / 3, (Res): 91 22 25414830
Mobile: +9647904296107, +9647710308841
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
M.A. in Political Science from Karnatak University, Dharwar, India in 1978 Percentage: 56%
CAIIB-I from Indian Institute of Bankers, Mumbai in 1986)
CURRENT POSITION (April 2006 – Till Date) - Consultant, Trade Finance, Trade Bank of Iraq, Baghdad
Trade Bank of Iraq, a Govt of Iraq owned Bank established in 2004 has achieved trade finance turnover of over
USD42.75 billion up to 31/12/2010. The Bank earned a profit of USD380 million for the year ended December 2010.
Reporting directly to the President of the Bank.
Main responsibilities included:
- Assist the bank in centralizing their trade finance and correspondent banking activities.
- Implement Trade Finance Software integrating it to the Core Banking software and SWIFT terminal.
- Interact with Central Bank of Iraq for monitoring the funds of various ministries of Government of Iraq for the purpose of opening Letters of Credit.
- Liaise with existing International Banks who have correspondent banking relationship with the bank and set up lines of credit with international banks for trade finance activities.
- Streamlining the MIS by customizing the crystal reports according to the requirements of the bank.
- Involve in the computerization of trade finance operations in the branches.
- Cater to the Trade Finance requirements of private corporate clients in Iraq.
Instrumental in successful implementation of TIPlus and Equation banking solutions
on 1/3/2010 in Baghdad after completing the UAT in Beirut. Presently involved in
centralization of all Trade Finance operations of the Bank.
- Actively involved in migration of existing historical data in TI to TIPLUS by executing the conversion scripts to migrate data from Midas/TI to Equation/TIPLUS.
- Installed TIPLUS in 3 different servers (CSCS, WIS and WIC servers) which is done for the first time by Misys.
- Successfully implemented the Trade Finance Software (Trade Innovation software developed by Misys) after completing User Acceptance Test of the modules provided to the Bank.
- Independently customized, tested and implemented four additional LC product modules into the Trade Innovation software.
- Trained team of 30 members in LC / LG Departments in the operations of the implemented Trade Finance Software and procedures relating to accounting of LC transactions and the method of handling an LC transaction in its entire life-cycle.
- Prepared the user manuals for each module in the system.
- Created an interface to Equation module to generate reports through Crystal Reports as per the requirement of the Bank.
- Brought modifications to the internal control of Trade Finance Department by streamlining the accounting procedures of the bank relating to Trade Finance activities.
- Introduced procedures for auditing of trade finance transactions of the bank.
- Instrumental in reconciliation of all account-heads relating to Trade Finance Department; acted as resource base for Trade Finance Department during audit of the bank for the years 2006 to 2010.
- Developed the crystal reports to provide MIS data for the management as per their requirements.
- Streamlined the LC opening procedure by modifying the LC application and posting it into the Bank’s internet site.
- Introduced Indemnity Form for LC to be obtained from the applicants.
- Set up Customer Service Unit to provide support during entire life cycle of a letter of credit.
- Prepared Manual of Instruction for all Trade Finance activities of the bank
- Set up lines of credit with prime banks in Europe / Middle East at competitive pricing.
- Arranged Buyers’ Credit at competitive pricing to Corporate Clients in Iraq
- Prepared Chart of Accounts for TI+ software.
- Provided functional specifications to convert existing MidasPlus Chart of Account of the Bank into Equation Chart of Account.
PREVIOUS POSITION (1) (November 2005 to March 2006) - Business Analyst and Test Manager with Infrasoft Technologies Ltd
PREVIOUS POSITION (2) (Sept 2004 to October 2005) - Asst Vice President, Product Development, Union Bank of California
PREVIOUS POSITION (3) (Oct 2003 – Sept 2004) - Module Leader – Trade Finance & Foreign Exchange at Infrasoft Technologies, Mumbai.
PREVIOUS POSITION (4) (Oct 1998 – Sept 2003) - Head – Foreign Exchange and Trade Finance at State Bank of Mauritius Ltd, Mumbai.
PREVIOUS POSITION (5) (1979-1998) - Started career as Clerk in Vysya Bank in 1979 in International Division, Bangalore.
After promotion as Officer in March 1990, worked in different capacities – as Corporate Dealer, Officer (Trade Finance),
Senior Deputy Manager in Scale II.
TRAINING PROGRAMMES ATTENDED
- Foreign Exchange Training Programme for Clerks in July 1979.
- Foreign Exchange Bourse Programme for Officers conducted by Canara Bank, Bangalore in Feb. 1990.
- Foreign Exchange Orientation Programme conducted by Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai in July 1990 for Officers.
- Advanced Foreign Exchange Programme for Officers/Managers conducted by Vysya Bank in Sept. 1995
- Advanced Foreign Exchange Programme for Managers conducted by Vysya Bank in July 1996
- Workshop on NRI products conducted by RBI in Sept 2000.
- On-line Training in Trade Finance & Correspondent Banking Products with Union Bank of California, New York in Nov 2004-Jan 2005.
- On-line training on Anti Money Laundering measures conducted by Union Bank of California, New York in Feb-April 2005.